Friday, July 31, 2009

Knowing when to marry




One of the things I advise young couples to do is to not put off getting married if biblical conditions are met. Marriage is something that has been put off until "education is finished" a "career is established" or "finances are secure." The problem with these arguments is that they are man-made. Now I am not suggesting that marriage should be entered without caution or wisdom. I am, however, suggesting that marriage is becoming less of a priority in our culture in place of personal, self-centered accomplishments. This is a topic I will write on more in the future, but for now let me direct you to the link below for an article in Christianity Today that I think is worth your time to think about. I will try and post more of my thoughts in the days ahead.




Pastor Wes

1 comment:

Alex said...

I would love to hear some more about this subject, although I know that you talked to us about this in our old youth small group. Take your time, though. The big-headed kid in Jeff can wait.